#1 Last week, I had dinner at a restaurant with my host dad and his best friend, Mr. Lee. As we left, my host dad asked the owner if she wanted to meet his best friend at the coffee shop across the street. So, there we were: a blind date couple, my host dad, and me at a coffee shop full of high schoolers. I felt like I was on a double date...with my host dad. The awkwardness was palpable so I just kept shoveling patbingsoo into my mouth. Mr. Lee was talking about his ex-wife and how fat she was ("Her arms were at least 3 times the size of yours!") and I had to really control myself from bursting out in laughter. Of course I didn't understand all of it (my host dad told me what was going on) but I could see that it was a blind date between two desperate divorcees in their late 40s and I, for some reason, had to witness it for an hour. Then I taught my host brother "awkward turtle" and went to bed. The End.
#2 I was waiting for Sean and Ben by a fountain in Mokpo. I was killing time by playing hide-and-seek with a praying mantis (it was a really curious insect!). By the time it crawled next to me on the bench, this random ajussi sat on it and proceeded to ask me if I wanted to accompany him and his friends to a bar. Then he switched to English and told me to not think he's a bad man and that he's a Christian. He also said he'd only be in town for a couple nights and that he's in the army (I know what both of those spell). Then he asked me where my friends were. Turns out Sean and Ben were at a different fountain so I awkwardly said goodbye and literally ran away. In heels. The End.
#3 I was looking at my school's yearbook with my host mom. My host dad's a teacher so she was saying how handsome his photo was. Then she said the VP was very nice looking and I said I didn't think so. She asked me who I thought was attractive so I just pointed at the youngest looking teacher, the Math teacher. My host mom giggled/cackled and I told her not to tell anyone. So, naturally she told my host dad and together they thought it'd be a great idea to set us up. They called the Math teacher, told him I thought he was handsome, and set us up on a hiking date with my host dad. All the time repeating how I thought he was "sooo good looking". The picture in the yearbook is at least 10 years old so the Math teacher is actually 48 with 3 daughters around my age. The hike consisted of my host dad taking pictures of me with "the handsome teacher". Then I got drunk off makgeolli. The End.
lol who are you great posts.
ReplyDeleteThat's gotta be Nora. Which now poses the question...did you eventually hit that?
ReplyDeleteYup, all 3 things happened to me...and I've only been here for 2.5 weeks!!
ReplyDelete